Crucible 120x600 1 png

EWA 120x600 1

Users Online

None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you want to post an AAR for a particular game post it here.

TOPIC: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #19

• Ghost
  • Captain
Napster wrote:
Someone said wrap caution tape around it.

I said that and would still emphasis it, but if other means work good as it then I am fine with it. Was only stating my suggesting/opinion on the subject.

Also we need tactical donkeys.
i just want to throw a carebear full of bricks and freedom at her and see what happens----Unknown
Last Edit: 6 years ago by Ghost.
The topic has been locked.

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #20

• kool aid
  • Lieutenant
I think everything should be pre-planned out a little better. During the briefing for the bomb game the Admin talking during the briefing himself got confused and his teammate had to step in and help give the brief. Personally, that is were I think alot of the lack of attention comes from. I mean, it is easier to listen to a 3 minute brief, were you cover the "bullet points" of the game, in a quick precise manner. Along with the safty briefing that seems to get longer with eatch game, a pre-made, almost copy paste cutout of the briefing that is used at every game will (atleast in my opinion) help out alot of the people, as it would cut down time so people would have better incentive to pay attention.

TL DR; pre-write out your briefings, if you seem confused and long winded, no one wants to listen, a already wrote out idea helps it move faster, and allows you to speak more clearly and more assertively as your are not confused and bumbling through a brief.

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #21

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Yes Rob, we need tactical donkeys. Sadly there are not that many paintballers in our community that would like to come out and try airsoft. Brings a whole new meaning to shooting someone in the ass.

Kool Aid, we do have the briefing pre-planned, in fact there is a template that we read at most games, depending on whether we have new players some stuff just seems redundant.

The thing is that the briefings have to get longer and longer because over time there are new things that pop up that we didn't originally think to mention because we thought it was common sense, but EVERY rule that exists, exists because someone somewhere in the past has done it, same as the redundant military regulations that we deal with. "Walk on the opposite side of the road", "Wear reflective clothing or those belts/wristbands at night", "Don't drink 8 hours before an armed watch", don't drink WHILE on watch".

For example some of the newer stuff that now has to be mentioned:

1) Don't walk through the line of fire of your teammates, if you need to cross in front of them let them know, if you can cross behind them do that instead. Nothing like stalking someone through a zoomed scope then having a teammate walk in front of you as you're about to shoot.

2) In CQB 1 or 2 single fire shots can make the point, no need to hold down the trigger until the mag runs out.

3) Headshots still happen a lot more often than they should.

4) Don't take your eyepro off on the field

I could go on and on with examples here. It would be just great if everyone just followed common sense and we could just go straight into the mission objectives, but we can't, because people are gonna do them anyways, but at least when it happens we can say we told them not to and "I didn't know" is not gonna fly.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-
Last Edit: 6 years ago by Napster.

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #22

• kool aid
  • Lieutenant
Napster wrote:
Yes Rob, we need tactical donkeys. Sadly there are not that many paintballers in our community that would like to come out and try airsoft. Brings a whole new meaning to shooting someone in the ass.

Kool Aid, we do have the briefing pre-planned, in fact there is a template that we read at most games, depending on whether we have new players some stuff just seems redundant.

The thing is that the briefings have to get longer and longer because over time there are new things that pop up that we didn't originally think to mention because we thought it was common sense, but EVERY rule that exists, exists because someone somewhere in the past has done it, same as the redundant military regulations that we deal with. "Walk on the opposite side of the road", "Wear reflective clothing or those belts/wristbands at night", "Don't drink 8 hours before an armed watch", don't drink WHILE on watch".

For example some of the newer stuff that now has to be mentioned:

1) Don't walk through the line of fire of your teammates, if you need to cross in front of them let them know, if you can cross behind them do that instead. Nothing like stalking someone through a zoomed scope then having a teammate walk in front of you as you're about to shoot. [u]that is tactics kinda stuff, let them if they want to, the more you force apon civlians the less they want to listen.
[/u]
2) In CQB 1 or 2 single fire shots can make the point, no need to hold down the trigger until the mag runs out.[u]this often comes from people either not calling the first one or two, or the shooter being jumpy and young, again an annoyance, but this is civilian world, covering every option that may happen is not going to work[/u]

3) Headshots still happen a lot more often than they should.
a[u]lot of the time, that is due to either incorrect adjustment of hop up (another thing you really can't force on people without backlash)or the head being the only thing sticking out, as in my experiance most headshots tend to be people shooting, but not knowing how to fire their weapon very well[/u]
4) Don't take your eyepro off on the field
this one I have no issues with, it should be stressed more however.

I could go on and on with examples here. It would be just great if everyone just followed common sense and we could just go straight into the mission objectives, but we can't, because people are gonna do them anyways, but at least when it happens we can say we told them not to and "I didn't know" is not gonna fly.
[u]the difference here, is you are trying to cover every possible outcome, rather than focusing on the main, covering everything in one briefing only extends it, and makes it seem like there is an overabundance of rules, another thing that tends to offset people.
[/u]
I responded to your comments, but to boil down my point of view, you guys are trying to cover to much at once, rather than letting the idiots sort themselves out, you try to cover all possible outcomes and happenings at once, I think that a basic safty brief would work, with extra watch over people under 18 for liability, but not much more than that.
Last Edit: 6 years ago by kool aid.

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #23

• Tirion
  • Lieutenant
kool aid wrote:
I think everything should be pre-planned out a little better. During the briefing for the bomb game the Admin talking during the briefing himself got confused and his teammate had to step in and help give the brief. Personally, that is were I think alot of the lack of attention comes from. I mean, it is easier to listen to a 3 minute brief, were you cover the "bullet points" of the game, in a quick precise manner. Along with the safty briefing that seems to get longer with eatch game, a pre-made, almost copy paste cutout of the briefing that is used at every game will (atleast in my opinion) help out alot of the people, as it would cut down time so people would have better incentive to pay attention.

TL DR; pre-write out your briefings, if you seem confused and long winded, no one wants to listen, a already wrote out idea helps it move faster, and allows you to speak more clearly and more assertively as your are not confused and bumbling through a brief.

This was actually a print out of the safety briefing and it was easily our shortest one
Occupation - Life tester... it works.
NWA Co-Founder
HAF - XO

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #24

• KJ
  • Administrator
Here is the thang the safety briefing is set in place talked over by wade a nd I and also the game admins. We have also added things due to safety. I don't think people here are seeing that running this group wade and I have to look out for all SO SAFETY is a Hugh part of it.

I have learned to get people to fallow something you must be persistent.

The safety briefing will not change and if people do not listen during the briefing from now on even if you have heard it before you will be asked to set out a game.

You can say I am being a hard ass ect. I don't care its about playing safe so now one gets injured.

Kj
Admin-Eastern Washington airsoft (EWA)
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved