Crucible 120x600 1 png

EWA 120x600 1

Users Online

None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you want to post an AAR for a particular game post it here.

TOPIC: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game

AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #1

• Tirion
  • Lieutenant
We would like to hear input from everyone on today's pipeline game. Let us know what you liked and what you thought needed to be changed or improved.

<< Edit >>

Grammer Polise - Napster
Occupation - Life tester... it works.
NWA Co-Founder
HAF - XO
Last Edit: 6 years ago by Napster.
The topic has been locked.

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #2

• Veccna
  • Game Admin
i dont lied about anything tin man. yay typos. Anyway, it was fun, it pushed strategically what we needed to do. when one team started flanking, they moved closer to the objective, and vice versa.

Spawn points need to be somewhere not on hills. I realize im a fatty but walking an uphill distance with what gamers would call "difficult terrain" saps the energy and slows everyone, even in shape people, its just common sense. Also, the idea of hiding the pipe so that engineers had to acquire them was excellent, but the abuse of that power was shown when red team tried hiding some pipe on the roof, and also hid a stack of three at our spawn. if engineers were really going to lay down pipe, they either would: A-have the pipe with them, or B- the pipe was in some container that the opposing team either took over, stole, or otherwise took out of their possession. again, having the team need to acquire the pipe is excellent, but the execution needs to be out of players hands.

My suggestion, set up similar to bad company two. defending team must guard a safepoint for x amount of time, perhaps 15 to 30. either one or two safe points. if multiple safepoints, then the pipe must be divided evenly between the points. once these points are conquered, the engineers have an additional x amount of time to install the pipe. either the pipe must be laid on the same site the pipe was found, or engineers must go to a new zone to lay the pipe down. If the pipe was to be laid where it is found, then in essence, the teams switch roles. defenders must now invade, and attackers must hold the position. If the attackers must take the pipe to a new zone, then it turns almost to a vip game, where the attackers must now defend the people carrying the pipe.

I think this was still an awesome concept and would love to play it again.
Big Boss~ Task Force 404

E.W.A. Game Admin

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #3

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Someone put pipes at your spawn? LOL. I will have to read your post again when I'm better rested Veccna, my head hurts trying to keep up with that one lol.

Here is my suggestion:

1) Either lower the "groups" of pipes to 3 or so, or force the attacking team to get them in a specific order progressing towards one side of the map. Also if the defending team could have something they can do besides defending, something to hamper the objective progress of the attacking team, like being able to push back their spawn point or something.

Rob and I tried to put our pipes strategically (for the defending team) in highly visible areas, specifically areas that would have to be assaulted across as much open distance as possible, then I came off the hill and saw someone try to put it on the roof, then again inside the steel thing behind the grey shed, moved to open area.

I guess where I'm getting at with the placement of objectives like this is that they should be placed in the open where there is no nearby cover so that the assaulting team in essence has to push PAST the objective and have clear control before taking it. This also prevents defenders from sitting right on the objective.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #4

• k3n
  • TF Kilo CO
  • Katana/K-21
Sustains:
• Continue with creative events that require continuous movement
• Different than normal gameplay
• Attempt at continuous gameplay with shorter breaks

Improvements:
• Duration of briefings
• Less control on the game
• Spawns
• More developed planning for events
• Emphasizing hydration
• Emphasizing trigger control and trigger discipline
• Chronographing
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sustains:

I felt that the unique objectives and scenarios are solid. It was different and required a dynamic push and pull between the two teams. Continuous creation of these unique objectives and scenarios really made the day. I also liked the attempt at continuous gameplay with shorter/no breaks. This gave people more trigger time and allowed the game to progress more naturally.

Improvements:
From order of least important to most important. The duration of the briefings took way too long. I felt that there should be more control exercised by the admins during the briefing. It needs to be simplified and quickly explained. People ended up losing interest during the most critical parts of the briefing.

During the second operation, blue team had clear control of the silver barn (which housed an objective). It was clear that the red team was making headway but not enough. After this, the admin team, then, pulled the blue team out to allow the red team to gain the objective. I feel that exercising this kind of control over the game was unneeded and the result of the two following improvements: spawns, and more developed planning for events. The reason why blue team was pulled out was because the bomb was located in the silver barn which was close to the spawn point for blue team. Red team also had an incredible distance to walk to the spawn and this combination did not favor the red team by any means. I feel that the bomb should have been located at a more neutral location such as the red barn (with the defending team back near the shed/picnic table) or in the large open field. Moving spawns would have helped too.

Hydration is self-explanatory.

<< Edit >>

Portion moved to admin section - Napster
Kilo 2-1 | 9th Group | Task Force Kilo
Primary Weapon | Tech Build: Project Odin
My Blog! Check it out!

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #5

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
k3n wrote:
Sustains:
• Continue with creative events that require continuous movement
• Different than normal gameplay
• Attempt at continuous gameplay with shorter breaks

Improvements:
• Duration of briefings
• Less control on the game
• Spawns
• More developed planning for events
• Emphasizing hydration
• Emphasizing trigger control and trigger discipline
• Chronographing
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Sustains:

I felt that the unique objectives and scenarios are solid. It was different and required a dynamic push and pull between the two teams. Continuous creation of these unique objectives and scenarios really made the day. I also liked the attempt at continuous gameplay with shorter/no breaks. This gave people more trigger time and allowed the game to progress more naturally.

Improvements:
From order of least important to most important. The duration of the briefings took way too long. I felt that there should be more control exercised by the admins during the briefing. It needs to be simplified and quickly explained. People ended up losing interest during the most critical parts of the briefing.

During the second operation, blue team had clear control of the silver barn (which housed an objective). It was clear that the red team was making headway but not enough. After this, the admin team, then, pulled the blue team out to allow the red team to gain the objective. I feel that exercising this kind of control over the game was unneeded and the result of the two following improvements: spawns, and more developed planning for events. The reason why blue team was pulled out was because the bomb was located in the silver barn which was close to the spawn point for blue team. Red team also had an incredible distance to walk to the spawn and this combination did not favor the red team by any means. I feel that the bomb should have been located at a more neutral location such as the red barn (with the defending team back near the shed/picnic table) or in the large open field. Moving spawns would have helped too.

Hydration is self-explanatory.

That is a very well written AAR.

I agree with you, hydration should very much be emphasized, in fact I made a remark to Skyler (Tirion) before we left that it's starting to get hot, we should emphaize on every posted game for people to bring water It would be a good idea to double check with the younger kids and tell them to "show me your water" at check-in, or gatorade whatever.

I was being shot at by 3 guys. I am okay with that. I was shot in the face. It happens. I rose my hand, my gun up and started walking away. I was then reengaged when it was obvious that I was hit, with full auto, right in the face for a good 2 or 3 seconds.

Could you please PM me a description of this person, or any identifying characteristics you remember. I have moved a portion of your AAR to the admin section for urgent discussion. Please check your private messages for an explanation, or I will contact you on facebook.

I will also recommend your suggestion to the admins, we should start chronoing every game. We had a lot of new people today.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-

Re: AAR 6/1 Pipeline Game 6 years ago #6

• KJ
  • Administrator
Thank you everyone and thank you k3n for your AARs. I have read all of them and agree with them all. EWA is a young and still learning community and safety is a huge part of it. We do not want to see anyone hurt ect.

Hydration should always be talked about regaurdless of weather. Dead rags should be used if you have them IF you don't have a dead rag you hold your gun above your head and say hit out loud.

K3N I like the Idea of stressing burst fire for one its better on your gun and most importantly safety.

Blind firing a HUGHE no go me personaly I will have you leave the game.

And on the rest the game admins like hearing about this it helps them learn more on what not to do and how to change things to make the games better.

There is always room for improvement some were.

Kj

Kj
Admin-Eastern Washington airsoft (EWA)
Last Edit: 6 years ago by KJ.
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved