Crucible 120x600 1 png

EWA 120x600 1

Users Online

None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

OP WTL III AAR 2017
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you want to post an AAR for a particular game post it here.

TOPIC: OP WTL III AAR 2017

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 1 year, 4 months ago #19

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Complex objectives are given to leaders, but leaders are supposed to give smaller objectives down to their squad leaders in support of the larger goal, who are then supposed to direct fire-teams in accomplishing their assigned larger goal. By the time it get to individual players as you put it, it is supposed to be a relatively simple task ordered. Otherwise somewhere along the chain of command leadership failed in assigning these tasks. Part of milsim is giving the leaders broad objectives and letting the team decide how to accomplish them.

In practice, enforcing a rate of fire limit is definitely not easier than regulating the amount of BBs on the field. It's the difference between relying on players not to make bad choices like over-shooting, or reducing the possibility by limiting how much ammo they have. Secondly, chronoes do not measure rate of fire accurately, I don't care what the manufacturer says, your gun will misfeed one BB or the chrono will misread one, and give an inaccurate result. Cycling rates are accurately measured by sound recorders determining a tempo of the piston head slamming into the cylinder head. And more on this point, someone overshooting full auto at 20rps doesn't solve the problem of that person overshooting, or there just being too high of a volume of fire on a field with 100 players.

I think that if we are going to limit the amount of ammo, it will be by BB count. But what we really need feedback on is whether we should just provide the BBs at a standard weight, I.E. .25g, or find a way to store each player's BBs and have them find their bags at re-supply points of the game. Honestly, I have played in a game which did exactly that and found the amount of time spent searching for your gear and reloading took away from the game. The other thing about using a standard weight is that we can reward COs for tasks completed and let them disburse BBs as needed.

So I guess what I'm really asking is if players want that lower volume of fire, and BBs provided, or should we not impose a BB limit on the field?. As far as regulating a number of hgihcaps or midcaps, it is not a feasible solution as the capacities of mags can still very widely. There are midcaps ranging from 50 to 200 rounds, and high-caps ranging from 150 (short-mags) to a thousand rounds, excluding drum and box mags which carry higher capacities. This is my reasoning for using BB count as opposed to number of mags if we are to restrict ammo.

The price difference of .28s vs .25s is substantial, but it's possible that we can offer both weights. The sniper teams would be allowed to use their own BBs for their primary weapon, and still receive the same initial BB count for their secondary.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 1 year, 4 months ago #20

I am not a fan of capping the limit on bb's or rate of fire. It could be requested that players honor a semi-auto engagement fire rate when entering a close quarters area- trenches, buildings, etc. We did have a lot of fun in the city during the last game since it was a quicker pace for action and we got to utilize the buildings more. I felt like we did not have any chances to set up an ambush (Halcon squads were outnumbered but we would have stood a better chance if there was a way to take a foothold in the city and wait for a transport to try and come through), or leverage the city to find more cocaine packages or any other goodies. We made it to the radio tower, then into the city but no one was there and there did not appear to be anything in the buildings we cleared. We were then promptly destroyed by 2x people in the tower that did a good job suppressing us
Last Edit: 1 year, 4 months ago by cymaster007.

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 1 year, 3 months ago #21

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
One of my disappointments was also that nobody was able to get into the city. The shift in team sizes and spawn locations I talked about in earlier posts should fix that for next year. It sounds like there are some who want a limitation on BB count, some who want a specified number of mags, and some who don't want any form of limitations on BBs on the field. I am going to make an official poll once we hammer out a few of the other things still debated like exact spawn locations.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved