Crucible 120x600 1 png

EWA 120x600 1

Users Online

None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

OP WTL III AAR 2017
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you want to post an AAR for a particular game post it here.

TOPIC: OP WTL III AAR 2017

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 2 years, 3 months ago #13

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Team Sizes

One of the adjustments for this specific field will be to make the Los Burros Cartel slightly smaller than it is now, in relation to the Halcon Cartel and the DEA. They had almost double the manpower of the Halcon Cartel, and we are going to shoot for something like 1.5x for the next one. The reason is that it is fairly easy for them to get to a designated locations at Nitehawk, whereas there was a lot of trekking through very dense brush when we were doing it in Neuman Lake. We are also going to shoot for a few more members on Halcon Cartel to even out with the DEA.

Originally, the distribution of players for WTL I and II were roguhly:

"The big cartel" - 50%

DEA - 25%

"The small cartel" - 20%

CIA - 5%

At WTL III, we were at roughly:

Los Burros Cartel - 45%

DEA - 30%

Halcon Cartel: 20%

CIA - 5%

For WTL IV, we are shooting for:

"The big cartel" - 38% (name to be determined)

DEA - 30%

Halcon Cartel - 28%

CIA - 4%
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-
The topic has been locked.

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 2 years, 3 months ago #14

• Nobli
  • Private
Yea, I can understand that. Los Burros had some weird disadvantages and advantages that could be redressed by changing sizes. Not to bash on players but-a lot and I mean a LOT of los burros were very unexperienced players. Lacked aggression when we needed it against Halcon at the FOB. Several times we were lossing firefights where we outnumbered enemies 1.5 to 1 or even 2 to 1. So the extra bodies to throw helped stave this "balance" but it also felt like too big an advantage when (in the second half) we marched as a whole unit we grossly overpowered enemies at will.

So I like the idea of more balanced team sizes however the disadvantage remains as an average player skill (as walkins and new players will choose Los Burros or "Big Cartel" for next year because of the smaller cost of uniform) but other disadvantages include Los Burros having the longest walk distance to objective (drug house) which includes passing DEA and Halcon re-spawn points which will improve their restock, revive and over all response rates. So if the numbers are to be further balanced I would recommend some for of additional respawn location for Los Burros to help equate this change in numbers that way they no longer have the numbers advantage but still don't have the worse off re-spawning distances and rates. Perhaps some sort of "Bag Cartel" exclusive capturable respawn zone or something?

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 2 years, 3 months ago #15

We had a great time, we did get worn out quickly when we had to keep respawning as a squad. I like the idea of adding some intermediate respawn points - I.E. our trek out to the crack house took about 10-15 minutes, we got hosed by the onslaught of Los Burros in about 5 minutes, had to trek back to FOB 15 minutes,then back to the crack house for a second try. Bottom line was 45 minutes of walking for 5 minutes of game play wore us down.

Also had some confusion with the uniforms. Some of the burros had camo pants and everything except for their shirts, we were looking for DEA to have digital camo but some were mixed. Our squad shot at Los Burros only to find out it was Halcon because the uniforms were not solidly enforced.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by cymaster007.

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 2 years, 3 months ago #16

• Napster
Nobli wrote:
Yea, I can understand that. Los Burros had some weird disadvantages and advantages that could be redressed by changing sizes. Not to bash on players but-a lot and I mean a LOT of los burros were very unexperienced players. Lacked aggression when we needed it against Halcon at the FOB. Several times we were lossing firefights where we outnumbered enemies 1.5 to 1 or even 2 to 1. So the extra bodies to throw helped stave this "balance" but it also felt like too big an advantage when (in the second half) we marched as a whole unit we grossly overpowered enemies at will.

So I like the idea of more balanced team sizes however the disadvantage remains as an average player skill (as walkins and new players will choose Los Burros or "Big Cartel" for next year because of the smaller cost of uniform) but other disadvantages include Los Burros having the longest walk distance to objective (drug house) which includes passing DEA and Halcon re-spawn points which will improve their restock, revive and over all response rates. So if the numbers are to be further balanced I would recommend some for of additional respawn location for Los Burros to help equate this change in numbers that way they no longer have the numbers advantage but still don't have the worse off re-spawning distances and rates. Perhaps some sort of "Bag Cartel" exclusive capturable respawn zone or something?

Los Burros Cartel also has more medics than the other teams. That is your extra advantage. In regards to walking to spawn, we are going to shift spawns a bit, you won't be crossing that valley back and fourth next year =D
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Napster.

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 2 years, 3 months ago #17

• Napster
cymaster007 wrote:
We had a great time, we did get worn out quickly when we had to keep respawning as a squad. I like the idea of adding some intermediate respawn points - I.E. our trek out to the crack house took about 10-15 minutes, we got hosed by the onslaught of Los Burros in about 5 minutes, had to trek back to FOB 15 minutes,then back to the crack house for a second try. Bottom line was 45 minutes of walking for 5 minutes of game play wore us down.

Also had some confusion with the uniforms. Some of the burros had camo pants and everything except for their shirts, we were looking for DEA to have digital camo but some were mixed. Our squad shot at Los Burros only to find out it was Halcon because the uniforms were not solidly enforced.

DEA was digital + multicam, Halcon was woodland, Los Burros was non-camo and non-black. I'm actually surprised to hear there was confusion on the uniforms, because most players that I've asked from all teams said that it was very clear who was on what team. There were very few players that were partially out of uniform and they were generally younger kids playing with their parents. I too had a bit of trouble finding my way around the Halcon area, particularly with the jeep, as the road had some grass growth over it, and I hadn't been in that part of the field much before. But once I found my way, it was maybe 15 minutes walk from Halcon to the crackhouse. I will bring up capturable spawn points for discussion for the next game though, that is a good suggestion. Nitehawk field does have the reversible flags in place.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
Last Edit: 2 years, 3 months ago by Napster.

Re: OP WTL III AAR 2017 2 years, 3 months ago #18

• toobladink
  • Spokane Scrubsofters C.O.
  • Enjoy the journey - SG34
There are two other flag colors available (green and blue) that Dale doesn't put up on the field unless he has to. I definitely think these spawns should only be available at big bases, not the radio tower or junkyard, but with at least 2 large structures within 50-100 feet. The only problem is that there would be three spawns in the city.

I just meant complicated objectives - I don't think our playerbase can handle complex things very well. Even at the three Pegasus games I've been too did not have a game as complex. However, I do know that he has done a complex fallout game with NPCs and specific role playing was required for that. I did not go to that game, but I heard from others that at one point, they felt the game was too complicated and started to try and avoid some of those game mechanics and just wanted to walk around as a free for all, doing as they wish (similar to how plenty of people actually play the fallout video games).

I don't mind doing ammo counts like MSW, but I think an easier compromise is a rate of fire limit. However, I'll be honest and say that I think that I brought the fastest gun to the field that day (34 RPS) and I didn't even use it for very long. I don't recall hearing or seeing anyone with a gun faster than 25 RPS. Rate of fire limit MIGHT help, but it's unlikely.

Sooo maybe that won't be as easy as I think lol. I do remember seeing an event where you could bring only two hicaps or as many midcaps as you would like. This also allows players like myself to use a heavier weight, or a lighter weight if they would like.

As long as we keep brainstorming and throwing out ideas (even if they sound bad), we'll at least get somewhere with it!
ASTQA certified tech
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved