Crucible 120x600 1 png

EWA 120x600 1

Users Online

None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Operation Pegasus VIII AAR
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you want to post an AAR for a particular game post it here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Operation Pegasus VIII AAR

Operation Pegasus VIII AAR 2 years, 10 months ago #1

• toobladink
  • Spokane Scrubsofters C.O.
  • Enjoy the journey - SG34
Figured I would give this a shot, so here goes my first AAR.

Event: Operation Pegasus VIII
Event host: Pegasus Milsim
Field: Nitehawk
Date: July 29th-31st

First impression-
My cousin drove my little brother and I, and we were packed tightly in a little Subaru. Upon pulling up, we were greeted by staff members who handed us sheets of paper for registration. We weren't told to go anywhere specific, other than where the majority of the teams were staying to keep them mostly separate. Also, there were two additional bright and shiny ports potties. This was an extremely nice addition, especially since the one at Nitehawk requires some much needed improvement.

Registration-
As stated above, we were given a paper upon arrival. The paper had several parts on it for registration, and once we completed that part, we got it signed by a staff member. This made registration a breeze because there wasn't 100 players getting briefed all at once. You initially show Rob your eye pro and he examines it for approval, then move to the chrono or safety briefing. If there was a line for the chrono, you could go get a safety briefing, or if they were halfway through the safety briefing, you could chrono your replica. After the safety briefing, two staff members (Khang and Alex) would examine your medical card. And then after the chrono, your gun would get a mini zip tie around it that corresponds to the muzzle velocity of your replica.

Staging area/safe zone-
Spacious. Everyone planned well and camped/carpooled with friends. There wasn't 100 cars there, nor 100 tents. All players were respectful of the safe zone rules, and having ~10 staff members constantly looking out was nice. There were also two event sponsors in the safe zone: ElderBB and ThunderKissNW. ThunderKissNW was stocking all the necessities you might need, and ElderBB had some high quality ammo for sale.

Gameplay-
Organized and engaging. There was always an objective to be completed. There was a main objective of course, but it was nice to always have an order. If you got sick of it, no one was really going to stop you from playing alone and flanking everyone, but you would definitely get shunned for not being a team player. A very nice addition to the gameplay was the props like the line rockets, cannons, blank fire, and IEDs. Sometimes the sounds from the speakers were nice too (I mostly just liked the jungle/wildlife sounds). When the national guard showed up with their infantry trucks, that was the icing on the cake.

Teams-
Teams and squads worked extremely well together. On the last day, we were missing a handful of players, so we moved everyone around and we worked extemely well together. A squad leader named Dan was perfectly okay with my two friends leaving his squad and coming to play with the squad I was in, and all squads/fire teams worked great together. There wasn't any fighting or conflicts between the two teams (that im aware of) and that makes it all just so much better.

Conclusion-
The best event I've ever been to in my 5 years of airsoft. Can't wait to play next year as ZDF again!
ASTQA certified tech
The topic has been locked.

Re: Operation Pegasus VIII AAR 2 years, 10 months ago #2

Sounds like you had a great time. I wanted to go but have just been so busy getting the ranch back up after five years in the oil field.

Khang....did you mean Timmy Chang?
The Chronicles of Grizzly Gulch
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com

Re: Operation Pegasus VIII AAR 2 years, 10 months ago #3

• toobladink
  • Spokane Scrubsofters C.O.
  • Enjoy the journey - SG34
Norseman wrote:
Khang....did you mean Timmy Chang?

Nope, never heard of Timmy Chang to be honest..
ASTQA certified tech

Re: Operation Pegasus VIII AAR 2 years, 10 months ago #4

OK, Thx.

(Chang is in your camp comia video you posted, big guy, long trigger pulls . )
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by Norseman.

Re: Operation Pegasus VIII AAR 2 years, 10 months ago #5

• Oldarmy
  • Administrator / PRISM X.O.
Does Timmy still play? I would assume it would be full Mil-Sim only now?
OldArmy
US Army Veteran
Admin / Co-Founder - EWA
PRISM - XO

Keep up with EWAirsoft on:
Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

Re: Operation Pegasus VIII AAR 2 years, 10 months ago #6

I've lost track of Timmy. Would love to talk to him again.
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved