Crucible 120x600 1 png

EWA 120x600 1

Users Online

None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

EWA: AAR WTL 2015
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
If you want to post an AAR for a particular game post it here.
  • Page:

TOPIC: EWA: AAR WTL 2015

EWA: AAR WTL 2015 4 years ago #1

• Oldarmy
  • Administrator / PRISM X.O.
I use to be good at writting these, but not so much now. But here is what I put together as my thoughts.

After Action Review
Event: Operation Walk the Line II
Date/time: May 17, 2015
Observations:
A. Sign-in & Chrono:
a.Pros: Having Sign-in located at the Chrono station was a plus. Placing 2 people at the chrono station aided in pushing people through. Even though we only had 1 chrono, players did well with getting through a quick as possible.

b.Cons: We need to do our best to have minimum of 2 chrono station when putting on an event.

c.Unknown: Would like feedback on the stickers versus the zip ties this year.

B.Staging Area:
a. Pros: Safe zone was large enough to hold everyone. Gave new players an idea of what the playing field looked like as they prepared to play.

b. Cons: Could have marked Chrono station, sign-in station prior. Having a folding table at the chrono station to hold items needed.

c. Suggestions: Setup areas for each team (DEA, Cartel 1, Cartel 2, CIA) and have those players stage in that area. Give printed instructions for each team to the CO & XO so they can start briefing their teams before the event starts. Have examples of the props to display so players know what they are looking for.

C. Comms:
a. Pros: The radio freqs were set and posted prior to the event. There was good radio communication from the Delta Aguilas during the event. At the briefing it was stated not to listen in on other team channels.

b. Cons: During game play one team continued to use the word “actual” during broadcast which on multiple occasions caused teams to stop and try to determine if it was a real life actual event. Need to set certain key words to only be used for certain events to lesson confusion during radio communications.
Teams:

A. DEA:
a. Pros: Squad 1 worked well together. Good communication between team members. Team members stepped up when the CO’s radio was having issues. Members stayed together well and worked as a unit when moving. Squad 2 worked well together from my observations. They are stayed in radio communications which helped with movement and planning.

b. Cons: CO’s radio (yes me) had issues which made it difficult to communicate. Did not have a chance to really go over the OP, chain of command, verify positions, etc. before the event started

B. Cartel 1 - Delta Aguilas
a. Pros: Observations only – Radio communications were a major plus with this unit. CO also did an outstanding job staying in contact with the Game Admins

b. Cons: Unable to speak to this one as I was not in charge of this unit and did not witness anything negative. I will let the CO talk about this section.

C. Cartel 2 - Los Fantasmas Cartel
a. Pros: Observations only – Team appeared to work well together. Communication was good from what we could tell. Once this cartel joined forces with the DEA, they worked very well as a cohesive unit.

b. Cons: Unable to speak to this, I will let the CO talk on this section

D. CIA:
a. Pros: CIA did like last year’s event, continued moving the game along. Changing up objectives based on the overall game movement. CIA also moved their base of operations to a new location; this gave a larger area of play.

b. Cons: We were unable to reach the CIA over the radio very well. We had less interaction this year which caused some confusion this year with the DEA.

c. Suggestions: Have a command structure so that CIA has observers to score objectives and CIA members that can interact more with the other units to help keep the game moving.

Conclusions:
Overall this was a successful event. I would like to thank Napster for putting on this event and I look forward to next year. We called the game a little early due to a situation that occurred on the field. I would like to thank those who were assisting with resolving the issue. I feel that all in all it was handled correctly and we will continue to look at ways to improve the game experience for all our players.
OldArmy
US Army Veteran
Admin / Co-Founder - EWA
PRISM - XO

Keep up with EWAirsoft on:
Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Oldarmy.
The topic has been locked.

Re: EWA: AAR WTL 2015 4 years ago #2

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
I'll follow Wade's format and go team-specific =).

Sign-in and Chrono

Pros
Wade and Andrew were very efficient with what they had. While we had some no-shows, and some who weren't on the roster who showed up, I was happy with the turn-out and that we didn't have stragglers left behind from the meeting area. Starting an hour earlier than we usually do at pick-up games worked out, to compensate for the longer registration/chrono time.

Cons
I agree that multiple chronoes will speed things up next year, I should have asked others that I know have chronoes to bring them. Also, the "TOUT" error means that the BB is not traveling straight through both points of measurement, either the barrel is too far in, or fired at an angle. There's a bad joke about knowing how to put it in somewhere in there .

Staging area & briefing

Pros
Safety was covered extensively, as were the mission objectives. Players asked good questions and we like that. We showed examples of the 1 kilo and 5 kilo prop cocaine bundles at the briefing, and identified team uniforms and admin markers.

Thank you Nitehawk Airsoft for the raffle.

Cons
A folding table would have been nice, I agree with Wade =).
Long briefing. Maybe like Wade said, briefing the team leaders in the days leading up to the event so that they can brief their own teams on objectives might speed up the briefings.

Comms

Pros
No known instances of eavesdropping. Team leaders were easy to reach from the admin standpoint.

Cons
Certain radios did not play well together. For me, I was able to communicate very clearly with Los Fantasmas Cartel, was heard by DEA but unable to hear CO, and received Delta Aguillas comms clearly but my transmissions seemed to be breaking up for them. There also seemed to be a third party on the admin channel later in the afternoon.

DEA

Pros
There were some no-shows including leadership positions, the DEA re-organized their roster efficiently and filled in the necessary positions well. Exemplary sportsmanship, not one complaint from the other teams about any DEA player.

One notable observation I want to point out. I threw a 5 kilo cocaine bundle out in the road near the Delta Aguillas base, where both forces could see it and yelled FREE COCAINE. I watched a beautiful push from the DEA with bounding movements and suppressing fire to grab the coke in the middle, while the Los Fantasmas Cartel engaged the shipment crate further in the woods.

A second notable feat was denying delivery of a shipment crate before lunch.

Cons
Someone took their eyepro off at the DEA compound during the game, Wade squared him away. I'll emphasize more that no zone is a safe zone during the game next year, only the parking area.

Captured the head of Los Fantasmas Cartel, but chose to negotiate with him directly without the CIA's involvement rather than taking him in for 10 points. Those 10 points would have put the DEA In the lead until the last engagement =).

Delta Aguillas Cartel

Pros
Amazing communication between HQ and shipments en-route.

A notable observation, the team of Dale Burbridge and Robert Teal managed to take and hold the Los Fantasmas HQ, and relieve the DEA of cocaine from storage, scoring a very large portion of the team's total points.

I was also very impressed with the motivation on that last charge.

Also, Delta Aguillas won the game this year, by a large margin =).

Cons
A few reports of excessive shooting, close range shots, and no-hit calling in regards to a small number of specific players. We passed this on to the CO and I was impressed by the way he handled it, promoting good sportsmanship and courtesy. In the end, we're all there to have fun.

In the initial contact with the CIA, we came guns down to let you know the location of the distribution site and how it is marked. We were lit up, from the brush along the road full auto at close range. I gave this information anyways because I felt that it would be game-breaking not to know the exact destination for the shipment crates, but the restraint not to shoot CIA on sight may come in very handy in future installments of this op, it is as much diplomatic as it is engagement based =).

Los Fantasmas Cartel

Pros
Great sportsmanship. Particularly engaging roleplaying from this team. Held the lead for a considerable length of time. Notably, raided the Delta Aguillas cartel base (right before lunch), at a very opportune time, putting the Delta Aguillas on the defensive. Eric (Cobra) also snuck and made it very close to the Delta Aguillas cartel base before he was found and engaged.

Cons
There was a friendly fire engagement. A few players didn't bring enough water. There was extra that we left at the DEA compound, which we mentioned at the briefing.

CIA

Pros
Hid the out-of-play cocaine props better this year. Mayhem made some awesome booby traps "claymores" too.

I want to point out that Steven (Deadmanwalking) made it in to the Delta Aguillas cartel base, presumably to capture their leader. He was captured, and executed before I could award the Delta Aguillas a point for the capture.

Another notable feat was coming to the aid of the DEA and freeing three captured prisoners en-route to base, fending off a larger force of Delta Aguillas.

Cons
3/5 radios went kaput.

Other

We've got to reduce the amount of overshooting, and make more clear who is dead and who is not.

Suggestions

3 Chrono stations

Increase CIA size to 6-8 members to allow more efficient scoring, and a squad sized element to play out the DEA reward mechanics.

Restrict firing to semi-auto only, except for LMGs, which are limited to one per squad. No DMRs.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Napster.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Oldarmy

Re: EWA: AAR WTL 2015 4 years ago #3

• Oldarmy
  • Administrator / PRISM X.O.
You know I thought of the points for capture after the fact. We wiped them out, castro came up and asked for grace because they were not ready for the game to start. LOL and I should have taken capture point first. My fault on that call team.. Sorry
OldArmy
US Army Veteran
Admin / Co-Founder - EWA
PRISM - XO

Keep up with EWAirsoft on:
Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

Re: EWA: AAR WTL 2015 4 years ago #4

• Napster
Oldarmy wrote:
You know I thought of the points for capture after the fact. We wiped them out, castro came up and asked for grace because they were not ready for the game to start. LOL and I should have taken capture point first. My fault on that call team.. Sorry

Well there was that too, but the one after lunch lol
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.

Re: EWA: AAR WTL 2015 4 years ago #5

i wanted to add that me and marcus were there when steven got executed by delta, just could not get into position for taking out their leaders.
PRISM
Desert rats-still stealing the cheese
Last Edit: 4 years ago by Ronin mayhem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Napster

Re: EWA: AAR WTL 2015 4 years ago #6

• Napster
Ronin mayhem wrote:
i wanted to add that me and marcus were there when steven got executed by delta, just could not get into position for taking out their leaders.

Nice. Anymore input about the op, Game Admin? =). Great spot for the CIA camp by the way.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft