Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Hunteering?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Hunteering?

Re: Hunteering? 1 year, 11 months ago #7

• Cobra
  • Admin
So from my understanding, there isn't a lot of hiding because it's very objective based and you have to cover a large amount of land that needs to be covered to complete it. Each person only gets a limited number of bbs.. something like 8. total
If you see me, you will be shot.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Napster

Re: Hunteering? 1 year, 11 months ago #8

There could be hundreds of variations to a game like this, all good ideas.

Although for this style of play, I do not really like the idea of timers. Scout, Sniper and Recon stuff takes time as much time as it takes to get the whole team home alive. Emphasis should be placed there more so than a time. Within reason as it's weekend airsoft.

Roger Muller has stated that as a Recon Marine it could take them all day to cover one mile. But in that mile they missed nothing including booby traps that got you dead. One second of laxing noise discipline, or using a trail, or not reapplying face paint as you sweat could get you dead.

If sped up too fast it will destroy the original meaning of games like this. Patience is a virtue here.
The Chronicles of Grizzly Gulch
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com

Re: Hunteering? 1 year, 11 months ago #9

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Norseman wrote:
There could be hundreds of variations to a game like this, all good ideas.

Although for this style of play, I do not really like the idea of timers. Scout, Sniper and Recon stuff takes time as much time as it takes to get the whole team home alive. Emphasis should be placed there more so than a time. Within reason as it's weekend airsoft.

Roger Muller has stated that as a Recon Marine it could take them all day to cover one mile. But in that mile they missed nothing including booby traps that got you dead. One second of laxing noise discipline, or using a trail, or not reapplying face paint as you sweat could get you dead.

If sped up too fast it will destroy the original meaning of games like this. Patience is a virtue here.

Agreed, if sped up too much the experience changes to something else. But even in the real world, objectives are time sensitive to some degree. In the airsoft world, it is pretty tough to generate interest for a sniper game like this, and tougher to keep it interesting without some kind of mechanic to keep people moving, however slow. I am very much fascinated by the role of the sniper, but in the context of airsoft, the event might be more successful if the event concludes in the course of a few hours. As much as Cobra and I might enjoy a 5-day game packing everything into the field and hunting each other over several miles of terrain (our rivalry goes back almost 5 years now), a game like that might not draw a very large turnout. The other thing to note: is there something for players who were eliminated to do? Anyways, my 2 cents, the game should move at some pace and admins have many tools to force the game to progress administratively if it seems to pause for too long.

Pssst, Eric, let's do this in the summer. 24 hr event, 1v1, you and I, 5 bbs each. Maybe we can find some DNR land neither of us is familiar with somewhere in between us geographically speaking.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by Napster.

Re: Hunteering? 1 year, 11 months ago #10

I think the radar dome DNR complex would be a perfect place!
The Chronicles of Grizzly Gulch
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com

Re: Hunteering? 1 year, 10 months ago #11

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Norseman wrote:
I think the radar dome DNR complex would be a perfect place!

But it's really far from Cobra.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-

Re: Hunteering? 1 year, 10 months ago #12

• Cobra
  • Admin
I created a group for all of my fellow snipers out there - www.facebook.com/groups/107313166469098/

Please join the group if you are interested in an awesome multi-day event

Sabin, basically there is a specific game of hunteering which has been around for 15+ years in Europe. I've been talking to one of the main guys that runs it there and it's definitely something we can do out here.

The short gist of it.. you are limited to a set number of rounds for the entire game. 1 rifle, 1 pistol. Depending on the number, you will either being playing alone, or in pairs. Every team will have objectives to complete. It is objective based, so being in a hide is not really going to do that much good, plus with a limited number of rounds with no reloads, you aren't really doing yourself any favors by trying to shoot everything you see. You can play a single day game, but it is typically a 2 day game, where you play the entire time - there are no lunch/dinner breaks.. you sleep and eat in the field, etc.

It can also be played along side a regular aisoft game - but the hunters are still objective based. They are in the game, and can be shot, but shooting regular airsoft players is only going to waste your bbs. I think a dual game would be awesome, especially if the regular airsoft guys come in during the hunteering game, they do their own thing, then leave... the hunteering guys are still out there until the next day (or the hunteers could be out there for a day and they could both end at the same time)

There are more details with it, with scoring and such but I can post more about that in the facebook group.
If you see me, you will be shot.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved