Users Online

None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Recon Game
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Recon Game

Recon Game 3 years, 3 months ago #1

This game was taught to me by REMF (Capt. John Robison) who runs RECONDO school on the coast. If any of you ever get a chance to go I highly advise it.

Recon Game

The basic premise of the Recon Game is to teach stealth, team work and navigational skills. The game utilizes multiple hole punch stations dispersed over a wide area. Single or multiple recon teams have the coordinates to all punch stations while the hunter-killer teams do not. First recon team to get all team members cards punched and gets back to the COC safely wins. Recon teams may be able to engage each other or not depending on Admin discretion. The hunter killer teams sole responsibility is to patrol and defend their AO and kill everything inside it. If they find hole punch stations they may not move or alter the station. But they may set up an ambush on it. The hunter killer team is allowed to use vehicles.

You can find hole punches at craft stores with each punch having a unique shape, ie stars, circles, squares. Buy some wood stakes, pound them into the ground and attach the punch to a string. Each recon member gets one 3x5 card. Each recon team leader has a map or coordinates to each hole punch station.

The variations of this game can be endless. The size of the AO is dependent on the time allowed and the size of the hunter killer team. Instead of hole punches a geo cache setup can be run, where the toy or item is pulled out of its hiding spot, photographed, described and placed back in its hiding spot. This reduces the hunter killers teams ability to find the stations, if that is a concern.

Multiple different medivac rules can be placed on recon teams from respawn points to mobile admin casualty collection points. Casualties can be tracked by admins and count against recon team points or time.

Hopefully this gives the reader a basic idea of game play, which tailor fit to each AO and the number of participants.
The Chronicles of Grizzly Gulch
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Napster, Oldarmy

Re: Recon Game 3 years, 3 months ago #2

• oscermike
  • Corporal
  • We r Oscar mike
This sound like a Vary fun and educational gameplay

Re: Recon Game 3 years, 3 months ago #3

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Dave (Doc), ran something like that at the barn once, same premise, though I don't remember what he used in leu of hole punches. It would be cool to try something like this at a larger field like Nitehawk outdoor or the Tyler/Cheney field.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-

Re: Recon Game 3 years, 3 months ago #4

The bigger the AO, the better it is on the recon teams.
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com
Last Edit: 3 years, 3 months ago by Norseman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Napster

Re: Recon Game 3 years, 3 months ago #5

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Exactly. The barn allowed for line of sight just about clearly across the field, so it was better suited for run-and-gun or capture point type of games, unfortunately. We had an amazing field in Neuman Lake where we hosted OP Walk The Line I and II, but it was logged.

Nitehawk outdoor field or the Tyler/Cheney field would both work well for something like this =D.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-

Re: Recon Game 3 years, 3 months ago #6

Nighthawk is pretty arid, not a lot of ground cover.

The best place I have done it is at the ranch. Good road system but thick.
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved