Swap Meet
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Swap Meet

Swap Meet 3 years ago #1

• toobladink
  • Spokane Scrubsofters C.O.
  • Enjoy the journey - SG34
So maybe this was posted about years ago, or at least some time ago. Maybe it was never posted about at all. But, I would love to see a swap meet in our local area, particularly hosted by ewa.

What is a swap meet?
Straight from Google- A gathering at which enthusiasts or collectors trade or exchange items of common interest.

Who would be willing to host? I was hoping EWA would. Then collect donations to gain access to it, to pay for webhosting costs, or to give to the lot owner for being so willing to let it happen. I was thinking a measly $5 or so. BUT, donations don't even have to be asked for, it's just an idea.

How many of you guys would be interested? Do you think there would be enough people to make this happen? I feel like the biggest thing that's been holding us back is our community size. Exchanging guns/gear between just 20 people doesnt seem attractive enough to me. But now with the rise of players, and even facebook groups, I think this could totally happen and it would be awesome to see.

Where could this happen? I could see Nitehawk being an option, since it's in town and all. The only problem is that it's too small, in my opinion. I can't think of any place where we could do this other than nitehawk. Unless everyone would put orange tips on their guns, which they might do.

If this did happen, I would hope for some time in May or June. I do want this to happen eventually. I just don't have the resources to do it myself for now.

Just an idea, it obviously needs a lot more thought and discussion.
ASTQA certified tech

Re: Swap Meet 3 years ago #2

• Oldarmy
  • Administrator / PRISM X.O.
I'll be honest I haven't read the whole post (sorry on my phone) But from what I read it has been talked about a long time ago. BUT I think it is a great idea and maybe we can look at this spring time frame. I'm willing to bet that Larry the owner of the crucible would love to host this at his field as he has lots of room for it.

He has also brought up other idea which might play right in with this.

So lets talk more about this and get it planned out.

And yeah we are looking for another way to help pay for the website / domain since our sponsor is closing their doors. well from what I read the original owners are going away and it will be under new management.
OldArmy
US Army Veteran
Admin / Co-Founder - EWA
PRISM - XO

Keep up with EWAirsoft on:
Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram

Re: Swap Meet 3 years ago #3

• toobladink
Oldarmy wrote:

And yeah we are looking for another way to help pay for the website / domain since our sponsor is closing their doors. well from what I read the original owners are going away and it will be under new management.

I haven't watched an ewa video in a while, but maybe monetization could work. It won't be much, but it's somethng. All you would have to do is get approved, and then just turn on monetization for videos with original content. Then you just have to share those videos and get people to like them.

Also, didn't think about Larry and his field. That would be a great idea, just less centralized.
ASTQA certified tech

Re: Swap Meet 2 years, 11 months ago #4

• toobladink
FB_IMG_1454735406439.jpg

Well...see you there...
ASTQA certified tech
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube