None
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Getting an older person into airsoft
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting an older person into airsoft

Getting an older person into airsoft 2 years, 11 months ago #1

Me and my dad currently have one hobby together which is riding dirt bikes. But unfortunately his age is catching up to him and his back starts to hurt if he rides too much. I thought that airsoft might be fun for him and suggested it. He said that it seems like fun but he thinks it will be odd for a 50 year old to be playing with airsoft guns. Anyways I was wondering if any of you guys know any older people who are into airsoft who would like to give me ways to convince him to try airsoft at least once. Thanks for reading ~Benjamin

Re: Getting an older person into airsoft 2 years, 11 months ago #2

• Castro
  • Game Admin
  • I AM de bush.
Well actually that is a great age to play. Old army, the admin just turned 50 recently, and alot of the other father son teams that show up are around 40-50s if you have any other questions please, don't hesitate to ask. Our community is very welcoming of new players as well as willing to help out in making sure we all have fun. If you don't have your own gear I'm sure we could remedy that as well. I'm castro, one of the game admins, so if you need anything or have questions, I'll do my best to help you out
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Castro.

Re: Getting an older person into airsoft 2 years, 11 months ago #3

Well actually that is a great age to play. Old army, the admin just turned 50 recently, and alot of the other father son teams that show up are around 40-50s if you have any other questions please, don't hesitate to ask. Our community is very welcoming of new players as well as willing to help out in making sure we all have fun. If you don't have your own gear I'm sure we could remedy that as well. I'm castro, one of the game admins, so if you need anything or have questions, I'll do my best to help you out

Thanks for your reply. I will make sure to tell him that other people his age indeed do play airsoft. Do you know how much it would cost for him to play at the crucible with a rented gun and a face mask? Also since I am under 18 am I allowed to wear a shemagh and sealed eye protection?
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by Ben1386.

Re: Getting an older person into airsoft 2 years, 11 months ago #4

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Ben, if you're 16 or older shemagh is fine, although it is a CQB field, so full face protection is recommended even for adults. The crucible cost is $15 with lunch included, or $25 for overnight games due to multiple meals. Plus rental costs.

There are many players close to his age who come out.
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-

Re: Getting an older person into airsoft 2 years, 11 months ago #5

• toobladink
  • Spokane Scrubsofters C.O.
  • Enjoy the journey - SG34
As I recall, crucible rentals are $35, not including the field fee. It would be a great way to introduce him to it in my opinion.
ASTQA certified tech

Re: Getting an older person into airsoft 2 years, 11 months ago #6

• Indigo
  • Game Admin
Rentals are 30 on top of field fee. Package includes m4 with 2 full mags and a mask. Just a shamough is not recommended but someone could remedy that. A mesh half mask and goggles rated anzi z87+ is fine though.
~Indigo~
PRISM
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft
All Rights Reserved