Thank you!
The Chronicles of Grizzly Gulch
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com

Re: Hello EWA 3 years, 2 months ago #8

• Rob
  • Retailer
Norseman wrote:
I like your forum! You guys have done a good job here.

A bit of history I'd like to share.

My name is Wade Moss and I'm the co founder of Spokane Airsoft and the Spokane Devil Dawgs. Some where around 2000 I was paintballing with a cousin in the Colville/Spokane area and had heard about airsoft. The big club in the Pacific NW at the time was Puget Sound Airsoft Command. I bought a CA M4 off of ebay and with a couple of buddies we participated in Operation Gallant Saber. I was hooked on Milsim and I said goodbye to paintball forever. The following year the newly formed Devil Dawgs went over with a squad of eight and participated in Operation Gallant Saber II, which in my opinion was the greatest OP ever held in the Pacific NW. It was epic. The first SA forum was a Yahoo board, but I commissioned Dantes of Airsoft Pacific to build us a new forum which served us well until I sold out and moved on.

I see now that the SA forum is defunct, so Im assuming everything has moved to FB and I'm not a big fan of FB. The last time I remember you guys, you were a small club playing in a abandoned barn. Looks like you have come a long ways. SA's first real home field was an abandoned USAF radar dome outside of Colville, Wa. We had a lot of fun up there, and most did not mind the drive. We even hosted a few regional events up there with visiting team members coming over like PSAC, APST and the TC Jokers.

Anyhow, I have not been to a airsoft event in years. I have a trucking business in the oilfield which keeps me busy. And in my spare time Im a member of the Back Country Horsemen and a member of SASS. But I have a nephew and son that bug me sometimes to get back involved with airsoft too, so who knows what the future holds.

Be safe and take care.

Wade aka Norseman

Hi Wade.

Long time no see.

The short story on the SA forums is they started to die out, I was shelling out $50 a month in hosting fees and was losing money on it. At the same time Facebook was starting to gain traction, so eventually I migrated everything over there. It's done pretty well for outreach because its not a walled garden like the old SA site was.

And if you feel like driving all the way to Colville sometime (I'm kidding), we'll be back at Dragon Wars at the end of July for our annual three-day event. As a matter of fact I have to shoot Christine a note about that. We had the Kips come out and do food service last year (120+ people!) and I want to see if they can come out again this summer.

Anyway, drop me a line if you'd like to catch up.

Rob
Pegasus Airsoft

Re: Hello EWA 3 years, 2 months ago #9

Rob,

I've lost your cell phone number. I'll shoot you a PM.

And I'm just old fashioned I guess, and dont like face book. I roam on AIrsoft Pacific and its fairly dead there as well for the same reason you describe.

Glad to see your still holding events in Colville! I like that field its....wet.
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com

Re: Hello EWA 3 years, 2 months ago #10

• Rob
  • Retailer
Norseman wrote:
Rob,

I've lost your cell phone number. I'll shoot you a PM.

And I'm just old fashioned I guess, and dont like face book. I roam on AIrsoft Pacific and its fairly dead there as well for the same reason you describe.

Glad to see your still holding events in Colville! I like that field its....wet.

PM seen and replied. Will call you when I get out of the office.

I hear you about Facebook. Just hit a wall with diminishing returns on the website. Call FB a necessary evil I guess.

Yeah, we went back to Dragon Wars last year, the creek was so low due to the drought Russ Lenz (Elfman) was able to build two footbridges that were eight feet long so people could cross without getting their feet wet.

Glad I saw your post. Reminded me I needed to contact someone about having the Kips come out and do food service like they did last year.
Pegasus Airsoft

Re: Hello EWA 2 years, 8 months ago #11

Napster wrote:
Good to hear from you Wade. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm sure you haven't forgotten the winter I slipped on something under the snow at Camp Comia and cut my hand up, you took me to the hospital to get 9 stitches, then we chatted over cheeseburgers. Wow, that was almost 10 years ago. It would be nice to see you out on the field again sometime =D.

-Sabin

I think I found your finger Sabin

s34.photobucket.com/user/Spokanea/slideshow/recon%20game

I stopped by Clarks for new patches and they said they lost the file in a crash and asked if I had a picture of one. So last night I broke into the old SDD photobucket account and found the album above.
Cowboy Airsoft
www.spokanedevildogs.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Napster

Re: Hello EWA 2 years, 8 months ago #12

• Napster
  • PRISM C.O. / Webmaster / Admin
  • Have Fun! It's mandatory.
Norseman wrote:
Napster wrote:
Good to hear from you Wade. I don't know if you remember me, but I'm sure you haven't forgotten the winter I slipped on something under the snow at Camp Comia and cut my hand up, you took me to the hospital to get 9 stitches, then we chatted over cheeseburgers. Wow, that was almost 10 years ago. It would be nice to see you out on the field again sometime =D.

-Sabin

I think I found your finger Sabin

s34.photobucket.com/user/Spokanea/slideshow/recon%20game

I stopped by Clarks for new patches and they said they lost the file in a crash and asked if I had a picture of one. So last night I broke into the old SDD photobucket account and found the album above.

There it is =D
Sabin
US Navy Veteran

EWA | Webmaster / Admin
Team PRISM | C.O.
-Everyone's favorite computer nerd-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norseman
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds

Follow Us
FacebookYoutube

EWA is a non-profit organization
© 2009 - 2017 Eastern Washington Airsoft